- Mapping from long names of fonts to the metric file name. The user can specify only exact long names in documents.
- Support for many font encodings.
- Printing of catalogues of fonts and test samples of font families; the interactive macro \showfonts shows all font families you have installed via OFS.
- The user interface is the same for Plain TeX and for LaTeX, but the implementation differs: the LaTeX variant of OFS uses NFSS, but the Plain variant implements its own font management (which may even be better than NFSS)
- Support for math fonts including TX fonts.
See also plnfss font-selection fontch.
The author is Petr Olšák.
License: knuth Version dated: 2004-05-31 Catalogued: 2017-04-18